X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lancelot Transparency Question

Hi ppl,

I tried, with great difficulty, to instal the 'Lancelot' plasmoind in Kubuntu 11.0X, and when I finally got it to
    install the menu bar that popped up 'when clicking the Launcher 'K' It was slightly transparent.

I have just done a clean install of Kubuntu 12.04, and have installed the Lancelot plasmoid from the package manager or something
    but it isn't transparent. Does anyone know how to do it ?

Many Thanks - Mark

It's simply a matter of what Desktop Theme you choose to use. I use Oxygen, and Lancelot isn't transparent. If I switch to Air, then Lancelot has a very light transparency to it.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I use the Glassified Desktop Theme and that looks very good with Lancelot. You must have the "Desktop Effects enabled" for it to be transparant.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GerardV View Post
        I use the Glassified Desktop Theme and that looks very good with Lancelot. You must have the "Desktop Effects enabled" for it to be transparant.
        Mind posting a screenshot? Sounds kind of neat, what you have there.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          Mind posting a screenshot? Sounds kind of neat, what you have there.
          Here it is Steve
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Hey, that's really cool. I find, lately, that the zillions of photons streaming from white LCDs irritate my eyes. I suspect a dark theme would provide some welcome comfort, but alas many of the themes I've seen exhibit odd quirks.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              Hey, that's really cool. I find, lately, that the zillions of photons streaming from white LCDs irritate my eyes. I suspect a dark theme would provide some welcome comfort, but alas many of the themes I've seen exhibit odd quirks.
              Yea, I have had this trouble too. I have found a solution to this however, it's not easy and need some serious hacker skills. But what I've done is to leave KFN, turn off the mainframe and go outside for a walk :P A challenging task indeed .. beware though! sometimes I meet a neighbour who isn't clickable!! "ERROR - 405 Method Not Allowed"

b.r

Jonas
              ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
              Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
              Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
              Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
              - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
              >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
              X