X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using Chromium.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      I'm using Chromium.
      Yup works fine in chrome, duh, I neva thought of trying it. Thx for the satisfaction. lol.

Anyway if anyone knows how to fix the problem in firefox please let me know as I much prefer firefox.

Thanks heaps Vinni and Snowhog.

Ah allow button for cam in stickam still doesn't work in either firefox or chrome.
      Last edited by purrin; Jun 03, 2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Chrome has it's own flash player.
        I would try with this in konsole:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer && sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin adobe-flash-properties-kde
        and for java:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install icedtea-plugin
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sumski View Post
          Chrome has it's own flash player.
          I would try with this in konsole:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer && sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin adobe-flash-properties-kde
          and for java:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get install icedtea-plugin
          Thanks a heap Sumski - that actually worked! For myspace player at least. :-) Yay! myspace is now working in firefox. It was the flash thing that worked, Apparently I already had icedtea. Iced coffee anyone?

Stickam allow cam button still won't work. :-(

Comment

Don't know what's stickam exactly, but you can try changing specific websites on global settings page here:
            http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager06.html
            Found this here:
            http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1282549
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sumski View Post
              Don't know what's stickam exactly, but you can try changing specific websites on global settings page here:
              http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager06.html
              Found this here:
              http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1282549
              stickam.com is a webcam chat site where I have a group I belong to that I used to enjoy talking to quite often. I was looking for that macromedia link actually so thanks. But unfortunately I stickam is not even showing up in the list there at all. Wierd!

Thanks

Purr.

Comment

just made an acct. at stickam.com .....my cam works ok on it ....BUT flash did crash the first time i clicked "go live" but it took the second time.
                and got the flash control box to "allow cam"

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

So I wonder what I can possibly do? I just tried to add it manually in the global settings but it didn't appear to change anything. Just get this kind of dead allow button pop up still that doesn't do anything.
                  Last edited by purrin; Jun 03, 2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I didn't really get that much into myspace at all and now my cam doesn't work anywhere lol. Not at Stickam.com and not at person.com both where I have friends :-( It was working at person b4 we changed it as instructed here. Well sort of, it would be black and white and I would have to stop it, unplug it, plug it bak in and start broadcasting again, and then it would be colour, it was a hassle but it worked. Now it doesn't work at all. I know persons got wankers on there, and that's why I was too embarrased to ask, but it's ticking me off mates. Please help. I have 1900 followers on that site, they must miss me a lot. What do I have to do to make my cam work please? Ubuntu 11.10

Comment

ok rereading this thread I dont see what kind (brand model)webcam you have so let us know......

AND try installing "cheese" it's a web cam app. for taking pictures/video from a web cam .....I have had just doing that get better luck using the cam in anything before ..

the thought hear is that maby your cam it's self and video4linux2 is not setup quite right yet.

VINNY
                      16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                        AND try installing "cheese" it's a web cam app. for taking pictures/video from a web cam
                        Ugh, a GNOME app! Try Kamoso instead. Or, if you're one of those weirdos who prefers to remove GStreamer, Kamerka is an option. (Kamoso depends on GStreamer).

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                          Ugh, a GNOME app! Try Kamoso instead. Or, if you're one of those weirdos who prefers to remove GStreamer, Kamerka is an option. (Kamoso depends on GStreamer).
                          LOL ....ya well I happen to have all 3 of those installed and GStreamer is still my audio backend .........

VINNY
                          16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                          X