Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I continually get a message from 'system notification helper'?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I continually get a message from 'system notification helper'?

It keeps telling me I have incomplete language support. I don't care! hehe....

How can I shut this off once and for all? I have checked the radial button to disable this message, but it keeps coming up.

Same problem here, on every bootup. Minor annoyance, I've read on Launchpad that it was a bug in Maverik, so this could be a regression.

Plus, this is all in English, there should be no additional language support requirement anyway (I do have foreign keyboard layouts installed, but that does not require foreign locales, does it?)

Comment

A not insignificant portion of the Worlds population might see English as a foreign language
      And then there are the simplified and traditional versions.

Have you tried to let the system do the update and be done with it?

Comment

Good point, Teunis

Well, I started the update, and quickly got an error message that KDE won't let me copy/paste, so I'll retype here to the best of my ability (it shows up when I click on "Details").

An error occurred while applying changes:

http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/...04.0_amd64.deb
        Could not resolve 'us.archive.ubuntu.com'

This is repeated one more time.

Since it references Thunderbird locales, I looked for it in Synaptic, found it, installed it. Rebooted, and so far that notification has not come up.

Thanks! Minor annoyance, but glad to be rid of it.

Comment

Good

Comment

I had this exact same issue.... this is what I did to fix it:
            sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales

and after that completed:
            sudo reboot

The next reboot, when it tried to download the packages, it succeeded, every time before it would fail.

Comment

Working...
            X