This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Kubuntu sound problem

So i just installed the latest version of Kubuntu and already i have problem.My sound is choppy,it keeps cutting off 1 second is there the next isnt and so on.It happens with the startup up sound and also when playing a video in Rekonq browser.Any suggestions how to fix this?

Well, we will need specifics as to your hardware before we can begin to help identify the cause, and so, a solution.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Well the sound card is intergrated onto my H67M-D2B3 Gigabyte motherboard, CPU i5 2500k,Ati Radeon HD 5770.I m running dual boot with Win7 and have no problems with sound there.

Comment

Integrated. Okay, open a console and type:
        Code:
        lspci | grep udio
        Copy and paste the result.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          Integrated. Okay, open a console and type:
          Code:
          lspci | grep udio
          Copy and paste the result.
          Here it is:
          Code:
          00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)
          01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Juniper HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5700 Series]

Comment

Okay i just plugged my USB headphones and sound is normal!!But the second i pull headphones off its choppy again.I m pretty sure its not hardware fault because everything works fine in W7.
            Update:Lol this weird.So my headphones have "attachment" so that you can choose between using USB or jack plug.I took that attachment and plug the jack plug from speakers into it and the sound is perfect!!!But i still need help fixing this since i dont want to use it like this.
            Last edited by RibaFish66; May 27, 2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X