This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help!

Hi the problem is when im trying to install kub everything goes fine till i click in start kubuntu the window goes black for a moment then a loading screen and finally the error "Panic ocurred switching back to text console". Is the last version of kub for 64.

Hello and welcome to Kubuntu Forums.

It look like you have a bad ISO/burn. Look at this page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

Look particularly at the Section called: Verifying disk and data integrity.

You really need to give more information.

Desktop disk? Alternate Disk? Dual Booting? Sole install? Wubi install?

You have told us nothing about your computer and it's basic specs.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thnx

Oh i see, im new in this stuff so i dont know a lot as you can see jaja anyway: i've checked everything as you said looking at the page you gave me, the other info is desktop disc, yes dual booting and sole install, everything is the same as before but turning off all the options in f6 at the Start Kubuntu window the disc starts normally i mean i can change time, user name, password etc etc. but at the end when i click Install an error occurs Click image for larger version

Name:	HELP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	639947 hope u can help me i really want to try Kub

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
      RAM 4.00 GB
      W7 64bits
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M
      Last edited by Guest; May 20, 2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I don't understand why you have to use F6. Normally with the Desktop disk you start it as a LiveCD and then install from there.

Otherwise, since the bug is is the Installer, try the Alternate disk
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
        X