This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell d505 s-video extended desktop

I like kubuntu. But if I can't plug my television into the s-video port on my laptop I will just freak out. Preferably as an extended desktop, not a clone. You don't want me going back to windows do you? I have an older dell laptop model d505. Any help would be great.

Can anybody help

Comment

There are settings for multiple monitors in System Settings -> Hardware -> Display and Monitor -> Multiple Monitors.

Comment

Thanks. But i've done that. It says "You do not appear to have a single desktop spread across mulitple monitors"

Comment

Originally posted by injo503 View Post
          Thanks. But i've done that. It says "You do not appear to have a single desktop spread across mulitple monitors"
          yes mine will say that as well ......but on the size and orientation tab you should see the s-video listed .......I dont have s-video so I'm showing HDMI

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	639944

click the size drop-down and select the size you want...... one will say something like auto then click apply.

NOW on my box it has not been working if the HDMI cord is plugged in during boot .....I must boot the box log in then plug the cord in and do the setup and then it works perfectly .

and this may depend on what GPU you have mine is intel core proseser intagrated ........... a
          Code:
          lspci
          run in a terminal will tell you what you have !!

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by ferri View Post
            There are settings for multiple monitors in System Settings -> Hardware -> Display and Monitor -> Multiple Monitors.
            Yesterday I connected LCD TV with notebook via VGA and I saw the second monitor not in option Multiple monitors but in Size & Orientation, too.

Comment

Working...
            X