X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie with Question Regarding Panels

Hi to all,

I'm kinda new to Kubuntu and have been wondering what the following five things are, each of w hich can be added from right clickig the kicker(i think that's what it's called):

1. Dock Application Bar
    2. External Task Bar
    3. Kasbar
    4. Panel
    5. Universal Sidebar

P.S. A round of applause to the person who can also tell me how to hide the "hide panel" button on an already existing "external taskbar". I can remove it from the kicker(?) but not from this additional bar.

Re: Newbie with Question Regarding Panels

1. Dock Application Bar - no idea
    2. External Taskbar - a panel whose sole purpose is to be a taskbar, nothing else. You can't add any other applet to it. (Btw, the regular taskbar is just a Panel Applet)
    3. Kasbar - a special kind of taskbar with lots of cool features, like having a thumbnail (pixmap) of opened windows. Each "square" stands for one application. It's sort of a more graphical taskbar.
    4. Panel - an extra blank panel. Customize to your heart's content.
    5. Universal sidebar - a sidebar similar to Konqueror's (navigation) panel, except that this one is a desktop panel, visible on all desktops. Also, since it's a side bar, you can only place it left or right.

For extra points: right-click on the external taskbar and select Configure External Taskbar. In the dialog box, switch to the Hiding options. At the top of all the options, there's a drop down list with the label "Settings for:" click on it and choose "External Taskbar". Then check/uncheck the hiding buttons you want to hide/show. Don't forget to click on Apply.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Re: Newbie with Question Regarding Panels

Thanks a bunch. That clarrified everything for me. Kudos.

Comment

Working...
      X