Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During your reinstallation process, how did you remove the packages? apt-get remove leaves configuration files hanging around, and therefore reinstalls won't actually be pristine. You need to apt-get purge to clean up left-over configs.

Sorry that I couldn't be of more assistance. I'm just beginning to learn OwnCloud myself, and haven't experienced breakage, so I haven't had to delve into any troubleshooting.

Comment

Found something... try this:
      Code:
      sudo a2enmod php5

Comment

Ok I had a shot at this :eek: and though I too will need's help, just posting here to share what's happened that hasn't been mentioned above in case it sheds some light...

SR, after starting here,

Code:
        sudo apt-get purge owncloud
        sudo apt-get --purge autoremove
        I got the output, "owncloud is not installed", nothing to remove. Good.
        Then,
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install php5-sqlite owncloud
        I noticed in the Konsole a running message,
        Code:
        apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
        Perhaps this could be related to the OP's sucess/failure on different machines?

For me also libapache2-mod-php5 was not installed.
        Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

My OwnCloud is running on a Ubuntu 11.10 server image, a t1.micro with an extra 24 GB disk at Amazon Web Services in the Oregon region.

My installation and configuration sequence:
          • Followed the installation steps published in OwnCloud's support center
          • Registered a subdomain of an existing domain at freedns.afraid.org and delegated it to Route 53 (AWS DNS service)
          • (In Route 53) Created forward and reverse records for the server and an MX record for the domain
          • Set up a Postfix server to receive email
          • Enrolled my domain at CAcert and obtained a free SSL certificate
          • Configured Apache for SSL only and installed the certificate

My OwnCloud instance is working as expected; I even imported my Google calendar without incident. The only problem I've encountered so far is a curious "authentication error" when I try upload files with Rekonq; uploads work fine with Firefox.

So... it's odd that you don't have libapache2-mod-php5, as that's a dependency of php5. Well, hold on...your installation might have satisfied the dependency differently. Note:

Code:
          ubuntu@ip-10-248-12-144:~$ [B]apt-cache depends php5[/B]
          php5
           |Depends: libapache2-mod-php5
           |Depends: libapache2-mod-php5filter
           |Depends: php5-cgi
            Depends: php5-fpm
            Depends: php5-common
          My Apache doesn't throw the error you're seeing because AWS's server build automatically adds an FQDN to /etc/hosts:

Code:
          ubuntu@ip-10-248-12-144:~$ [B]cat /etc/hosts[/B]
          127.0.0.1 localhost
          # Added by cloud-init
          127.0.1.1       ip-10-248-12-144.us-west-2.compute.internal ip-10-248-12-144
          OwnCloud version 4 is due out in three week or so, I think.

Comment

bra|10n:
            I get the same error message as you all the time.
            SteveRiley:
            A million thanks for all your help, but unfortunately nothing nothing has worked so far.
            I am on hold for the moment, however, since I can't get into my router's config (blocked by mis isp), so no matter how far I get with the configuration, I can't share anything with other devices.

Comment

I decided to try OwnCube because it offered a linux client and it seemed a simpler alternative.
              I did the registration thing and downloaded the Linux sync app Ubuntu-owncloud-client_1.0.1-1_amd64.deb but running this throws 'unmet dependencies error'.
              Am I right assuming with OwnCube, OwnCloud isn't required?

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

The client needs some dependencies you won't get if you install the .deb file. You can get a full package (er, ok, interpret that as you wish!) by creating the file
                Code:
                /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud2012.list
                And pasting this line into it:
                Code:
                deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:ownCloud:ownCloud2012/xUbuntu_12.04/ /
                followed by an update and then
                Code:
                apt-get install owncloud-client
                Here are the dependencies:
                Code:
                steve@x1:~$ [B]apt-cache depends owncloud-client[/B]
                owncloud-client
                  Depends: libqt4-xml
                  Depends: libqt4-core
                  Depends: libqt4-gui
                  Depends: libqt4-network
                  Depends: iproute
                  Depends: net-tools
                  Depends: oxygen-icon-theme
                  Depends: libcsync0
                  Depends: ntp
                  Depends: libcsync-plugin-owncloud
                  Depends: libcsync-plugin-smb
                  Depends: libcsync-plugin-sftp
                Bugs me that it wants to install ntp when we already have the perfectly usable ntpdate. But, worse -- the client appears to be broken, at least for me and some others: http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2323

Comment

Ok so I guess I should wait...
                  I tried installing the deb from a konsole and yes it gave all of the same depends.
                  But am I right in thinking if these depends were not in my repos then the konsole would have reported "... but is not installable."

Code:
                  kubuntu@Precise:~/Documents$ sudo dpkg -i package owncloud-client_1.0.1-1_amd64.deb
                  [sudo] password for kubuntu: 
                  dpkg: error processing package (--install):
                   cannot access archive: No such file or directory
                  Selecting previously unselected package owncloud-client.
                  (Reading database ... 90984 files and directories currently installed.)
                  Unpacking owncloud-client (from owncloud-client_1.0.1-1_amd64.deb) ...
                  dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of owncloud-client:
                   owncloud-client depends on libqt4-core; however:
                    Package libqt4-core is not installed.
                   owncloud-client depends on libqt4-gui; however:
                    Package libqt4-gui is not installed.
                   owncloud-client depends on libcsync0; however:
                    Package libcsync0 is not installed.
                   owncloud-client depends on ntp; however:
                    Package ntp is not installed.
                   owncloud-client depends on libcsync-plugin-owncloud; however:
                    Package libcsync-plugin-owncloud is not installed.
                   owncloud-client depends on libcsync-plugin-smb; however:
                    Package libcsync-plugin-smb is not installed.
                   owncloud-client depends on libcsync-plugin-sftp; however:
                    Package libcsync-plugin-sftp is not installed.
                  dpkg: error processing owncloud-client (--install):
                   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
                  Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ...
                  Errors were encountered while processing:
                   package
                   owncloud-client
                  kubuntu@Precise:~/Documents$

Comment

dpkg can't download packages to resolve dependencies.

Comment

Originally posted by bra|10n View Post
                      Am I right assuming with OwnCube, OwnCloud isn't required?
                      Right, OwnCube is a hosted OwnCloud service.

Comment

Unless there is a 'script' equivalent within the deb to do so?
                        I remember kfilebox I think it was "Downloading files to satisfy dependencies". I could be wrong... more than likely

Comment

Nope. dpkg only works locally. But take a close look at your output:

Code:
                          dpkg: error processing owncloud-client (--install):
                           dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
                          So while owncloud-client is in fact installed, it's currently in unconfigured state. You can satisfy the dependencies, and complete the configuration, with
                          Code:
                          sudo apt-get -f install
                          Alternately, you could have used gdebi, which can simultaneously install a local .deb file and download/install missing dependencies in one swell foop:
                          Code:
                          sudo apt-get install gdebi-kde
                          This gives you a command-line utility (gdebi) and nice pretty UI.

Comment

Well I thought to try answer my own question also, putting in each dependency on the list into muon. Some are in the repos, some not.
                            So the openSUSE repo is needed.

Code:
                            kubuntu@Precise:~$ sudo apt-get -f install owncloud-client
                            [sudo] password for kubuntu: 
                            Reading package lists... Done
                            Building dependency tree       
                            Reading state information... Done
                            owncloud-client is already the newest version.
                            You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
                            The following packages have unmet dependencies:
                             owncloud-client : Depends: libqt4-core but it is not going to be installed
                                               Depends: libqt4-gui but it is not going to be installed
                                               Depends: libcsync0 but it is not installable
                                               Depends: ntp but it is not going to be installed
                                               Depends: libcsync-plugin-owncloud but it is not installable
                                               Depends: libcsync-plugin-smb but it is not installable
                                               Depends: libcsync-plugin-sftp but it is not installable
                            E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

kubuntu@Precise:~$ sudo apt-get -f install
                            Building dependency tree       
                            Correcting dependencies... Done
                            The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
                              libqt4-core libqt4-gui
                            Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
                            The following extra packages will be installed:
                              libqt4-core libqt4-gui
                            The following packages will be REMOVED:
                              owncloud-client
                            The following NEW packages will be installed:
                              libqt4-core libqt4-gui
                            0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
                            1 not fully installed or removed.
                            Need to get 12.5 kB of archives.
                            After this operation, 1,403 kB disk space will be freed.
                            Do you want to continue [Y/n]
                            I'm fast lost or getting there... Are you saying that once owncloud-client is configured, the packages the deb is calling not in the standard repo's will no longer be required?

Comment

No, all the dependencies are required. Some are in Ubuntu's repos, some are in that one from OpenSUSE. apt-get -f is barfing here because, without knowing about the OpenSUSE repo, it actually can't perform its function properly. Here's how interpret what you're seeing:

Code:
                              kubuntu@Precise:~$ sudo apt-get -f install

[b][i]    Yes, master, I shall do as you ask.[/i][/b]
                              Building dependency tree       
                              Correcting dependencies... Done

[b][i]    Oh wait, this is my usual output I always tell you whenever I see automatically
                                  installed packages that don't have a properly installed and configured reverse 
                                  dependent, so before I do anything else, I'll tell you about them. Yes, I know, they
                                  aren't installed now! But I also know that I'm going to have to install them to
                                  satisfy the dependencies of owncloud-client. But but I also know that owncloud-client
                                  has more dependencies that I can't solve (maybe they're in some other repo?) so
                                  ultimately I'll install these two here but you won't really need them because
                                  owncloud-client can't really be satisfied so I'll just tell you right now.[/i][/b]
                              The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
                                libqt4-core libqt4-gui
                              Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.

[b][i]    I need to install these to satisfy owncloud-client.[/i][/b]
                              The following extra packages will be installed:
                                libqt4-core libqt4-gui

[b][i]    Wait, I can't satisfy owncloud-client, because it has some other dependencies I
                                  can't solve (maybe they're in some other repo?) so I have to remove owncloud-client.
                                  I, the great APT, will never allow unresolved dependencies.[/i][/b]
                              The following packages will be REMOVED:
                                owncloud-client

[b][i]    This is really all I can to both fulful your request and live by my mandate that no
                                  unresolved dependencies exist. So while I will install them, since that's the only
                                  way I can interpret what you're saying, it seems weird to me. That's why I told you
                                  at the beginning that when we're all done here, nothing will require these.[/i][/b]
                              The following NEW packages will be installed:
                                libqt4-core libqt4-gui

[b][i]    Yup, all that work, and just two measly libs. Ready?[/i][/b]
                              0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
                              1 not fully installed or removed.
                              Need to get 12.5 kB of archives.
                              After this operation, 1,403 kB disk space will be freed.
                              Do you want to continue [Y/n]
                              Make it easy on yourself:
                              Code:
                              sudo dpkg -P owncloud-client
                              sudo apt-get --purge autoremove
                              Then add the OpenSUSE repo and start over.
                              Last edited by SteveRiley; May 07, 2012, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Maybe the above provides a hint of the problem...

Comment

Working...
                                X