This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help customizing icons

Hey, I'm a long time Windows user and a short time ubuntu (unity) user who wanted to give kubuntu and kde a try. I have this "strange" habit of using a left panel with quick launch icons in windows and wanted to do something similar in kde (if possible). I have made a screenshot picturing my configuration issue: I want to be able to line the icons up side by side but I can't figure out how.

The small application launcher is acceptable but if it is possible to resize it that would be great

Hello,

I don't know if it still works, because it's quite old, but you might give it a try:
    http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...?content=78061

Another option would be to use Icon Tasks:
    http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/?content=144808
    Last edited by jovin; Apr 19, 2012, 03:49 PM.
    "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

Are you dragging icons directly to the panel or using the quicklaunch widget... the widget does for me what you want it to.

Comment

Unlock your widgets -> add Widget to your desktop -> fill the widget with icons -> then drag the widget into your panel.

This works for me.
        "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

Originally posted by jovin View Post
          Unlock your widgets -> add Widget to your desktop -> fill the widget with icons -> then drag the widget into your panel.
          Why not just Unlock your widgets -> add Widget to your panel -> fill the widget with icons

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post
            Why not just Unlock your widgets -> add Widget to your panel -> fill the widget with icons
            If you can fill it with icons when it's attached to the panel it's fine. I think I had trouble doing it when I tried a while ago.

So, you have your icons side-by-side now?

Comment

Thank you for the help Adding a quick launch widget did the trick, and it was so easy I had only used the add to panel option and didn't know there was a widget for this. The icons are now stacked side by side. Again, thank you for all the fast replies!
              Last edited by Equareo; Apr 19, 2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Equareo

You do not have a "strange habit" you are getting to experience the freedom provided by Linux in general and Kubuntu in particular!

Errr btw......welcome to the forum! lol

And, please don't be a stranger!

woodsmoke

Comment

I've just installed the newest version of 12.04 and i must say I am very impressed Too bad i have to dual boot to get my daily dose of Battlefield 3 Thank you again for the warm welcome and quick replies!

Comment

Working...
                  X