This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with home network

I have 3 computers on my home network. one with winxp. 2 with Kubuntu 606.
    One of the Kubuntu puters is a laptop w/wireless that works good. All work on the internet very well. Problem is Kubuntu puters see MSHOME on windows puter and can access it, but can't see or access each other and windows puter does not see or access buntu puters. Could someone give me (brand new to Linux) step by step instructions on how to cure this problem. Thanks folks..Garry

Re: Help needed with home network

That topic will be covered this week in this How-To.

http://www.linuxloader.com/modules.p...howpage&pid=28

PDR60

Comment

guess I expected too much. Sorry if I inconvenienced anyone. Appears to be no help for newbies. Maybe I'll try another distro. I have stuff on my laptop that can't be replaced. Only way I can get it back is through a network which apparantly can't be done. Don't have a CD burner on my LT. Can't seem to make the 3 1/2 floppy work either. so thanks

Comment

Hi,

I don't know if you already moved or if it's not too late...
        Anyway, you should just install samba (you can search for it in adept, synaptic or apt-get)
        When it's done, you should be able to configure it in kcontrol or systemsettings.
        Then your windows will be able to see the kubuntu.

The way to make your kubuntu to see eachother is quite easy, you can use fish (it's a protocol of kde if I remember well).
        In konqueror type : fish:/<ip_of_other_kubuntu> and you should be able to access. If not, you need to install ssh. Do it the same way as samba or just type in a konsole
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install ssh
        Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
        X