Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wallpaper is not saved after reboot ....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallpaper is not saved after reboot ....

Hey buddies,,,,

I have had a nagging issue for last couple of days with my desktop wallpaper applications. I do right click > desktop setting >plasma desktop shell... then I simply browse to the folder where my preferred pictures are located . I select the picture from there click open > it comes in the Plasma desktop shell window as thumbnail.then choose from the newly acquired images, hit APPLY & OK & close the window. Wallaper is just on my desktop. But as I reboot, the newly saved wallpaper image simply vanishes from my desktop and restores the default wallpaper. !!

I'm an ardent lover of linux distro & would love using ths cool OS but this annoying issue is really bugging me!!

Can someone guide me pls as to why I dont get wallaper saved at reboot !!!
    I appreciate your suggestions & thank you in advance,

Await your valuable comments.
    Last edited by skymorn; Mar 29, 2012, 01:55 PM.

Maybe ?

A Test

1) Make a new user: KDE System Settings > User Management.
    2) Test if the new user have the same problem.

If the new user don't have the the problem

The plasma/KDE setting files could be messed.

1) Reset the plasma to the default: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...how-to-recover.

A) Stop the plasma
    Code:
    kquitapp plasma-desktop
    The applications that are not using the plasma-desktop are still working: Krunner (Alt+F2), Dolphin, Konqueror, Konsole, ...

B) Rename the plasma config files:

~/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc
    ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
    ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktoprc
    ~/.kde/share/config/plasmarc

C) Restart the plasma:
    Code:
    plasma-desktop
    Is the problem still there ? If yes:

2) Reset whole KDE to the defaults: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...how-to-recover.

Log out - When you are in the login screen - don't login - press: Ctrl + Alt + F1. This should start virtual console.

Login in the text mode. After you are in, rename your existing kde folder:
    Code:
    mv /home/<username>/.kde /home/<username>/kdebackup
    Press: Ctrl + Alt + F7. Now you should be in the graphical login screen. Login and KDE should build new Kubuntu/KDE desktop with default settings.

Your old kde settings are in the kdebackup folder.
    Last edited by OneLine; Mar 30, 2012, 01:49 AM.
    Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Many thanx Oneline for your reply!! I'm greatful to you. I got it resolved by simply replacing my wallpaper folder to Home /.kde/share/wallpaper.. directory . Earlier it was in one of my HDD partitions . I was browsing to the said partition & loading images from there which were being lost upon rebooting. Now its all good after I change the directory. But I would sincerely thank you for your great effort & time . .

Comment

Working...
      X