• Time
  • Show
Clear All

plasma netbook crashed and the background is blank for a while now

here are some details of the configuration as requested
    kde - Platform Version 4.7.4 (4.7.4)
    kubuntu 11.10
    grub Version: 0.97-29ubuntu64

my problem is as follows: i deleted a folder view after trying to make it show the content of the folder in 'folder view', as it did some time ago.

and the plasma netbook (shell) crashed.

after that i have no desktop, no right click on the desktop, the activity bar does not work, have no widgets or access to adding them and no pages also if i unlock the main panel i can not lock it afterwards and all the icons are moving as i click on them. everything else works fine as far as i can see.

i tried adding new workplaces, and all the desktop options in the 'system settings' as well as trying to run the desktop settings from the terminal, but the first had no possibility to work out and the for second, i could not find a way.

so this is my first post - i expect some constructive scolding for future reference and i really hope someone can help me... i have been trying to find a solution about this for days now and came up with nothing.

thank you

You may need to delete (temporarily) your Plasma settings and thus revert to a default desktop.

So rename or move to a backup folder these files:
    ~/.kde/share/config/plasmarc
    ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
    ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktoprc
    and folders:
    ~/.kde/share/apps/plasma-desktop-datastorage/
    ~/.kde/share/apps/plasma-desktop/
    ~/.kde/share/apps/plasma/

... I think that's all
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

this worked perfectly
      thank you so very much

Comment

Working...
      X