This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Wallet

KDE wallet was one of the programs already installed. I decided I didn't want to use it, so I uninstalled it through the software center. However, every time I open my browser kde wallet services wants me to log in to let the browser access it. Any ideas on why it is still doing this even though its uninstalled? and any ideas how i can get it to stop?

Thanks
    Jeff

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm having a similar problem. For me, Kwallet asks me for the password for KMail each time I log into my desktop. I want to stop that happening. Any idea?
    Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
    Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      KDE wallet was one of the programs already installed. I decided I didn't want to use it, so I uninstalled it through the software center. However, every time I open my browser kde wallet services wants me to log in to let the browser access it. Any ideas on why it is still doing this even though its uninstalled? and any ideas how i can get it to stop?
      Maybe you just uninstalled kwalletmanager (a GUI frontend to kwallet)? kwallet daemon is part of the kde-runtime package, so it cannot easily be removed, but you can disable kwallet in SystemSettings>AccountDetails>KDEWallet (you may need to have kwalletmanager installed to get the module in System Settings).

Disabling kwallet is not a good option if you need kmail2 to save your mail passwords (it requires kwallet to do that), but it should stop your browser accessing your wallet (if you don't use kmail2 ).

Originally posted by daihard View Post
      Not to hijack the thread, but I'm having a similar problem. For me, Kwallet asks me for the password for KMail each time I log into my desktop. I want to stop that happening. Any idea?
      You can set an empty password for your wallet if you wish, in which case you will not get prompted for one. Of course this is less secure than having a password to protect the wallet.
      Last edited by kubicle; Mar 10, 2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks Kubicle. That fixed my problem.
        Daihard, if this was able to fix your problem as well, I am going to mark this as SOLVED.

Comment

Daihard, if this was able to fix your problem as well, I am going to mark this as SOLVED.
          Thanks Kubicle and Jeff. I am going to try it on Monday (as it is my work machine). If you'd be able to wait until then, I'd much appreciate it. Otherwise, please feel free to mark this as SOLVED. It is your thread after all. (I sure appreciate your thought, though!)

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS

Comment

Yes, I've been able to get rid of the popup dialog box by setting my KDE wallet password to an empty string. Please feel free to make this as SOLVED now. Thank you for your thought again.

Dai

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS

Comment

Working...
            X