X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics card, black screen.

First of all, the specifications for my pc:
    What release of Kubuntu you are using: DISTRIB_RELEASE=11.10
    If Kubuntu is installed, is it installed 'inside' of Windows (Wubi installation): Yes, Wubi installation
    What version of KDE you are using: Using KDE Development Platform 4.7.1 (4.7.1)
    What version of Grub you are using: Version: 0.97-29ubuntu64 Description-es: GRand Unified Bootloader (version antigua)
    What other Operating Systems are installed: Windows Xp Sp3

PC

Desktop
    CPU:
    Architecture: i686
    CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit (the kubuntu ver. I have installed is 32-bit, dont know if that helps)
    Byte Order: Little Endian
    CPU(s): 3
    On-line CPU(s) list: 0-2
    Thread(s) per core: 1
    Core(s) per socket: 3
    CPU socket(s): 1
    Vendor ID: AuthenticAMD
    CPU family: 16
    Model: 4
    Stepping: 2
    CPU MHz: 800.000
    BogoMIPS: 5625.64
    Virtualization: AMD-V
    L1d cache: 64K
    L1i cache: 64K
    L2 cache: 512K
    L3 cache: 6144K

4 Gigs of RAM

1 HD 500gb Western Digital

Video card: Here is the problem, I just bought (I'll just type what I see in the box) MSI AMD RADEON R6450 MDIGD3 1GB DDR3
    If I connect it to the motherboard, I can see the Bios boot screen, then I have to choose the OS to boot,
    I choose Kubuntu, then the normal Dark-blue screen to select Normal, Recovery mode, and then the screen gets totally blue (without any text) and it starts flickering, then a black screen, and thats all, I cant see anything.
    I just took out the video card from the motherboard, and Im using the onboard graphic card.
    So, is there a way to install the drivers and then turn off the PC, plug in my new video card and then just boot?
    And about those drivers, where do i get them from?
    The Video card works perfect on Windows Xp.

so... no one knows huh?

Comment

Maybe this will help some http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...l=1#post288131
      Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Working...
      X