This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu problems on update....:/

Ok I updated my flash plugin installer to the flash plugin 11 from adobe.

Now the problem is that foxtab ain't running no more....so I removed it and reinstalled it and nothing same problem.

So after a couple of searchs I gave with a solution for the windows users....

Posted by Jesús Rojas on February 18, 2012

What I did was going into global configuration (right click on any flash animation) Avanced/ trusted location settings/ add/ add folder/ and selected C:Users/Your username/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles
    this folder is hidden so you have to enable hidden files visualization.

I am running firefox 10.0.2 with flash player 11.1 in windows 7, and foxtab is now running without problems"

Thats the fix for the windows users...so..any idea for the linux users

Anyone.
    Last edited by kiraitachi; Feb 27, 2012, 04:21 PM.

alright, the 404 errors are the obvious ones. it means the server for whatever reason is inaccessible. the main reason would be a bad URL entry in your source list, or perhaps you simply caught it mid reboot. it could also just merely be rejecting the connection, due to a bad .gpg "keyring".

*edit*

after a quick navigate to one of the 404'd URLs I found that oneiric doesn't have an entry at all on http://ppa.launchpad.net/riccetn/cle.../ubuntu/dists/
    I imagine it's the same with the others. might as well remove those from the repository list in your package manager.
    Last edited by sir_cheats_a_lot; Feb 27, 2012, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiraitachi View Post
      Ok I updated my flash plugin installer to the flash plugin 11 from adobe.

Now the problem is that foxtab ain't running no more....so I removed it and reinstalled it and nothing same problem.
      Thats the fix for the windows users...so..any idea for the linux users

Anyone.
      the local folder for firefox on linux is also hidden at "/home/user/.firefox/", or was it "/home/user/.mozilla/"? I've clearly been away from linux too long. should be one of those two. unfortunately I have doubt's that info will do you much good as this seems to be a flash player issue rather then an issue with firefox. I'm guessing foxtab makes use of flash player, otherwise this wouldn't be an issue. Having never had to actually configure anything for flash player in linux before, I'm afraid I'm not much use to you there. sorry

Comment

Thanks anyway the folder suggestion gave me an idea...if I change permissiones on that folder for everyone to access might work....

Comment

Working...
        X