This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea what's going on (ATI drivers)

So I just got kubuntu because i like the idea and philosophy of the people who made it (even though i don't know how to use it) and I figured I would just install kubuntu, Wine, and treat it like Windows.

However, when i needed to install some ATI drivers, I was told to download something called EnvyNG from my AdaptManager. I checked where AdaptManager was supposed to be and instead found something called "Muon Package Manager". I checked Muon and still could not find EnvyNG.

I also can't seem to install things onto my D and E drive... When prompted to where i want to install something, it automatically shows a "Z" drive(?).

Still no idea what's going on.

Thank in advance

Welcome to KFN and to Kubuntu Linux.

What version of Kubuntu did you install? If it's recent, click on the K icon and click on Settings and then on Additional Drivers. This will search for additional drivers. If one for your ATI video card is found, you can select and activate it for use.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm using 11.10

I think I've got the right driver installed, however now I can't run games like Skyrim or Guild Wars... I guess that's for another forum however.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Not all Windows games can be run from Wine. That said, you can go over to WineHQ and check their database to see if these are identified.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X