This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Menus are White with White Text

And I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to change that. I've scoured System Settings but haven't found the magic key. No matter what I change in terms of themes or colors, the menus in apps like Firefox and Chrome remain virtually unusable - white on white.

By chance have you installed a dark theme? More details please in any case...
    Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

I have a similar issue with LibreOffice tooltips (though not with Firefox - it and all other apps obey the settings, but LibreOffice ignores the font colour setting and always uses black so I am forced to set a pale background for tooltips).

And those settings are at ... System Settings > Application Appearance > Colors > Colors tab - and try various until you get the right results (the tooltip settings that I needed are clearly labelled, but I suppose menus just use Window Text).

What is your widget style? (Style > Applications tab) - and your scheme? (Colors > Scheme tab)
      I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
        I have a similar issue with LibreOffice tooltips (though not with Firefox - it and all other apps obey the settings, but LibreOffice ignores the font colour setting and always uses black so I am forced to set a pale background for tooltips).
        That's odd. A quick check of Libreoffice (3.5.0) here shows it obeys text-color and text-background settings as per theme.
        Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Maybe it was fixed on 3.5.0 - I'm still on 3.4.4

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
            Maybe it was fixed on 3.5.0 - I'm still on 3.4.4
            It does. This is also 3.4.4

Last edited by rms; Feb 24, 2012, 05:27 AM.
            Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

I can adjust menu colours for LibreOffice, just not tooltip colours ... but your screenshot made me test something out ... and it seems that LibreOffice is using the "View Text" colour for tooltips, instead of the "Tooltip Text" colour.

I see you have a default application icon, not a LibreOffice icon - I also have that issue.

@vtpoet: have you tried adjusting different colour values in the Application Appearance settings? Your Firefox and Chrome menus may be picking up a different colour from what they're supposed to.

Comment

@secretcode:Systemsettings>application appearance>colors>colors(tab)>tooltip
                In there change normal background to the same color of alternate background and change normal text to some dark color
                or you can use some other color schemes

@vtpoet:use kde goodies ppa of sumski and install kde-gtk-config.and change the gtk2 and gtk3 themes. I am not sure about this , it may help you.
                Loka samastha sukhino bhavanthu

Comment

Working...
                X