This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with clock

Ok so this is annoying.My clock is on taskbar is showing that is 10:17 PM at this moment.I did right click and went into "Adjust date and time" and it shows me that is 23:16 which is the correct time.I also chosed the correct time zone but when i chosse apply nothing changes!!The clock remains at 10:17 PM.How do i remove PM and AM since in my country i dont read time like that and how do i set the that correct time is shown on the clock?

You should go to System Setting and than pick Localization(or whatever it says in your native language) and set things up, Choose your country, number formats, date formats etc.

Maybe, some other distro ur using is switching time backwards so you have incorrect time, that's happening to me too. Getting into "Digital clock setting" and just clicking OK refreshes the clock and does the trick for me.
    Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

I went there,i chosed my country,i removed PM and AM and still nothing changes.I dont have any other distro only Kubuntu.This is getting really stupid,how could something so simple be so complicated?Ok so PM and AM are gone,but the clock is still 1 hour behind and it still wont change.
      Last edited by RibaFish66; Feb 22, 2012, 05:39 AM.

Comment

In the popup window when you hover over the time, is UTC time displayed and is that correct or also 1 hour out?

What actually is your time zone ... are you perhaps 1 hour different from UTC? There could be an issue with the hardware clock being in local time vs UTC. Which could be affected by having windows on the same hardware, now or in the past.
        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
          In the popup window when you hover over the time, is UTC time displayed and is that correct or also 1 hour out?

What actually is your time zone ... are you perhaps 1 hour different from UTC? There could be an issue with the hardware clock being in local time vs UTC. Which could be affected by having windows on the same hardware, now or in the past.
          Yes when i hover over the time the UTC is also one hour behind and beneath that it says my city and the correct time.My time zone is correctly set,Europe,Zagreb.I did had Win7 before and i was dual booting Mint 12 (the time in there was correct) but now i running only Kubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by RibaFish66 View Post
            I went there,i chosed my country,i removed PM and AM and still nothing changes.I dont have any other distro only Kubuntu.This is getting really stupid,how could something so simple be so complicated?Ok so PM and AM are gone,but the clock is still 1 hour behind and it still wont change.
            It's not complicated, you're not used to it. Now, you should verify again if you have picked Zagreb from the list. and you can let date/time be set automatically for you by europe.pool.ntp.org server.

Comment

You dont understand my problem,I already did all that,the time is correct in settings so is the time zone.But the time that is showing on the taskbar is nevertheless 1 hour behind.

Comment

Same problem:
                clock on desktop shows only PM and AM time format (very complicated insane for 0-24 time format users)

Comment

Originally posted by todaz View Post
                  Same problem:
                  clock on desktop shows only PM and AM time format (very complicated insane for 0-24 time format users)
                  After changing the time format in SystemSettings>Region&Language, you may need to restart plasma-desktop for the setting to take effect on clock widgets (logging out and back into KDE should also work)

Comment

You dont understand my problem,I already did all that,the time is correct in settings so is the time zone.But the time that is showing on the taskbar is nevertheless 1 hour behind.
                    Type the following into konsole:
                    Code:
                    sudo hwclock -w
                    then reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
                      Type the following into konsole:
                      Code:
                      sudo hwclock -w
                      then reboot.
                      Nothing happened,the displayed time is still 1 hour behind and it still refuses to change.

Comment

Nothing happened,the displayed time is still 1 hour behind and it still refuses to change.
                        OK, perhaps I was mistaken, try
                        Code:
                         sudo hwclock -s
                        then restart your session.

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
                          OK, perhaps I was mistaken, try
                          Code:
                           sudo hwclock -s
                          then restart your session.
                          Again nothing.Is it suppoused to write something back after i enter my password for sudo?

Comment

Again nothing.Is it suppoused to write something back after i enter my password for sudo?
                            Nothing actually, but you can test the settings with:

Code:
                            sudo hwclock --test
                            OK, third's time the charm but I'm running out of options:
                            Code:
                            sudo hwclock -systz
                            It's curious that any of these do not affect time on your machine.

Comment

No still the same.After that last command it listed something but after reboot its still the same,showing 1 hour behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X