Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

there is a similar pidgin app for kde (like or better)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is a similar pidgin app for kde (like or better)?

hi,

I allways used pindgin, but I'm looking for a similar app for KDE,
    but I want a app like pidgin or better them him.

tanks for sugestions.

ps.: I've a long list of app for kde, but I want sugestions, because I'm a newbie

tanks again

I tried a few, but went back to pidgin. For me it works the best.

Comment

Kopete is the KDE equivalent. It isn't exactly the same as Pidgin. Kopete is in the repositories, so you can just install it and see how you like it.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

There seems to be two choices at the moment: Kopete and KDE Telepathy. KDE Telepathy is the future, but it's not quite ready for Prime Time yet. Kopete does everything (I think) Pidgin does, so in the short term that would be your best bet.
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I always had problems setting up accounts with Kopete...couldnt get them all to work. And the program wanted me to store everything in the KWallet thing, which is annoying to set up. KWallet makes no sense to me... I set pidgin up in under a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
            I always had problems setting up accounts with Kopete...couldnt get them all to work. And the program wanted me to store everything in the KWallet thing, which is annoying to set up. KWallet makes no sense to me... I set pidgin up in under a minute.
            I had problem with Kopete too. But I'm a newbie, then the problem could be with me.
            I think too that kwallet makes no sense, then I disable him.
            tanks... I'll try kopete once more time... but if it don't work I'll still with pidgin forever (or almost) LOL

Comment

Kopete has had, at different times, problems with Yahoo U.S.

If you can't get Yahoo U.S. setup try Yahoo Asia.

That is one reason why people have switched to Pidgen.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                Kopete has had, at different times, problems with Yahoo U.S.

If you can't get Yahoo U.S. setup try Yahoo Asia.

That is one reason why people have switched to Pidgen.

woodsmoke
                kopete is good, bu pidgin is more simple.
                I just use gmail and msn acount, then I'll try use kopete because is kde default aplication

tanks

Comment

I myself am a little torn between pidgin and kopete. I use yahoo US and everything is working great but i think i'm also on an older version so i agree pidgin is more simple but once kopete is setup then it's great. I use it every night with no issues and will continue on with it. Also Kwallet has always sucked for me so it gets disabled with every fresh install! It also helps when you make changes in kopete that you restart your machine as this fixed the issues i had with it in the beginning. Good luck
                  AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

Comment

Kopete is evil.

It keeps giving me errors about not being able to contact the server and see my friends list. I open Kopete and am still connected and can talk to people, so not sure WHY this message keeps popping up.

Comment

Working...
                    X