Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble installing Adobe Flach upgrade.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble installing Adobe Flach upgrade.

Kubuntu 11.04 KDE 4.6.5
    Your system: Linux 64-bit, Firefox

1. Site does not open due to outdated Adobe Flash application. I click on install the upgrade and I get the download location and choose 'APT for Ubuntu 10.04+” and click on Download Now.
    2. A window opens with "Starting without administrative privileges"
    You will not be able to apply any changes. But you can still export the marked changes or create a download script for them. Followed by the option to “Close”.
    3. After clicking of “Close”, Synaptic Package Manager opens. What do I do next?

What version of flash are you using? You can type about: plugins (without the space after the : ) in the bar at the top of firefox.

I'm assuming you already have flash installed using the flashplugin-installer package in kubuntu. Is that package up-to-date? If synaptic is calling for an update, do it and see if the problem persists.

Usually, it's not advised to use the adobe site to install flash so check if the package needs updating through synaptic.
    Last edited by rfakhrai; Feb 18, 2012, 08:01 PM. Reason: remove the smiley caused by :p
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

If you're running Firefox as a browser, see: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...l=1#post288627
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Adobe Flash Player version 11.1.102.62
        Your system: Linux 64-bit, Firefox

When I attempt to install the APT for ubuntu 10.04+ plugin, it says Starting without administrative privileges - You will not be able to apply any changes. But you can still export the marked changes or create a download script for them. Synaptic opens but not in superuser mode, so I am unable to download and install the upgrade.

Where you say, "I'm assuming you already have flash installed .........." No packages appear when I select reload to find needed applications. I do not have enough knowledge or experience to continue without more help.

Comment

I installed Flash-Aid then Stable Flash, but flash still did not work. Additionally no upgrades were available at this time. I tried the beta plugin which also failed.

Comment

OK, let's see what is installed. In synaptic, search for "adobe flash" or just "flash" and report back here with what packages are already installed. We can help you install from the adobe site but it might be helpful to first see if any packages are already installed that might cause some conflicts.
            Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
            Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
            Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Resonse as follows:
              Originally posted by rfakhrai View Post
              What version of flash are you using? You can type about: plugins (without the space after the : ) in the bar at the top of firefox.

>Shockwave Flash 10.1 r999

I'm assuming you already have flash installed using the flashplugin-installer package in kubuntu. Is that package up-to-date? If synaptic is calling for an update, do it and see if the problem persists.

>From a command line I attempted "sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade" to have current applications, however everything is up to date. No updates are indicated in Synaptic. I was unable to update in Firefox or Konqueror.

Usually, it's not advised to use the adobe site to install flash so check if the package needs updating through synaptic.

>My only reason for trying the Adobe site is because nothing else worked.

Comment

flashplugin-installer installed version 11.1.102.62ubuntu

flashplugin-nonfree installed version 11.1.102.62ubuntu

kubuntu-restricted-extras installed version 43

konqueror-nsplugins installed version 4:4.6.5-ubuntu

gnash-common installed version 0.8.9-lubuntu1

gnash installed version 0.8.9-1ubuntu1

browser-plugin-gnash installed version 0.8.9-1ubuntu1

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
                  If you're running Firefox as a browser, see: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...l=1#post288627
                  If I could get Flash to work in Konqueror, I would be happiest. I love that browser. I hate the menubar on the Google site and the ad for Google Chrome, but I can't get rid of them. I still need Google for a search engine unless someone could advise another search engine that is comparable. When konqueror opens, I just type in what I want whether a folder or website and Google search begins without that annoying searchbar and Chrome ad, that is, when a website is the choice. Otherwise, konqueror is smart enough to know the difference and direct you where you want to go.

Comment

Working...
                  X