This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin: Configure Toolbar

I have a problem adding actions to the Dolphin toolbar. The Customize Toolbar option lets me add actions however they don't show up after pressing "apply".
    Also if I try to re-order the existing icons already present, again no change occurs. None of the options are 'greyed', but it is as if I have lost permissions.

As a thought I checked permissions in /.kde/share/apps and changed none, but chose the option to "Apply changes to all subfolders and their contents" with the following error

Access denied to /home/kubuntu/.kde/share/apps/dolphin/view_properties/global/.directory.
    Is this the problem?
    Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Hmm. Your signature says you are running 11.10 (same as I am), but here, the Customize Toolbar you reference doesn't exist in my Dolphin toolbar. Can you elaborate?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Perhaps configure toolbar instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        Hmm. Your signature says you are running 11.10 (same as I am), but here, the Customize Toolbar you reference doesn't exist in my Dolphin toolbar. Can you elaborate?
        Apologies. Yes I did mean configure toolbar.

I just reset the toolbar to the default options and now everything seems to work as expected. I can add, remove or re-order icons as I choose, so I'm happy.

Should I be concerned about the error I posted though?
        Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Originally posted by bra|10n View Post
          Should I be concerned about the error I posted though?
          This one?

Originally posted by bra|10n View Post
          Access denied to /home/kubuntu/.kde/share/apps/dolphin/view_properties/global/.directory
          My suspicion is that the permissions on or the owner of that file might have changed. It's likely that resetting the toolbar to its default re-created the file, thus fixing the permissions or owner problem...if indeed that was the cause of your error.

Comment

Working...
          X