This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 11.10 - Realtek Drivers

So this is the problem.I used Ubuntu and Mint before,and every time my internet was painfully slow so i installed Relatek drivers from this page http://code.google.com/p/r8168/downloads/list and after that my internet worked perfectly.I made my path to the file and did sudo ./autorun.sh command and drivers installed normally.But in kubuntu after the sudo command this came up:
    Check old driver and unload it.
    Build the module and install
    ./autorun.sh 24: make not found
    My internet in Kubuntu is still painfully slow so i m asking what is the problem if installed those drivers in Ubuntu and Mint before without any problems.

try the included drivers, if you must build your own then be sure to install the "build-essential" package from the repos first. (you may need several packages with the -dev suffix also, depending on what external stuff the driver may need. im guessing you had to do this in both ubuntu and mint and possibly forgot the step this time.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      try the included drivers, if you must build your own then be sure to install the "build-essential" package from the repos first. (you may need several packages with the -dev suffix also, depending on what external stuff the driver may need. im guessing you had to do this in both ubuntu and mint and possibly forgot the step this time.
      Included drivers?In Additonal drivers menu?There are only fglrx graphic drivers that ALWAYS screw entire system on any distribution.I dont know what "build essential" package is or where to get it since i didnt have to install those in Ubuntu or Mint and the first thing i did in them was to instal those Realtek drivers without any packages instaled first.

Comment

C mon somebody help me,i dont believe that nobody else but me has problems with installing additional drivers.

Comment

Ok i tried to install build essentials from muon package manager but it says that it failed and the program frezzes.I dont get it really,how could they left out the tools for building packages,its just stupid.

Comment

Please check out the following link...

http://code.google.com/p/r8168/issues/list
            Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Originally posted by bra|10n View Post
              Please check out the following link...

http://code.google.com/p/r8168/issues/list
              Thanks a lot,that solved the problem i managed the install build essentials and ethernet drivers after that and everything works great.

Comment

Working...
              X