X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok

Hi,
    I do not know if this fits into this forum.
    But I have trouble with Amarok.
    I think Amarok developed very well. The new features are fine. But right noe I try to put CD covers to the songs. And that is very difficult. Sometimes there is even no line for cover display in the menu. Sometimes I can put in the existing jpg-file. But it doesn't work aways. Especially samplers are difficult. And there are more problem if I create my own sampler.
    What can I do? Or is this a known problem of Amarok?
    Regards Sigurd

im not sure what you are asking. are you trying to embed covers into the id3 tags of a song? or are you asking why not all tracks have a shown cover in the playlist?

if your asking about the playlist covers, then you should play with the sorting of the songs. you can click on the area right above the playlist to select how it should be sorted
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Hi SigurdF

Is your post about: tools/cover manager?

Wherein you see a big display of "pictures" and on the top right of the display there is a button that says "Fetch Missing Covers"?

If the cover manager is what you are asking about, when you click "Fetch Missing Covers" you will actually get a bunch of images.

Many of them will, indeed, be "album covers".

However, many of them will just be "pictures" and they can also be "folders" but they have a name which is similar to a "song" and are included.

I do not know of an easy way to have the "album covers" in a single place so that you could, possibly, download a picture and navigate to it.

The easiest way seems to be to download a cover and maybe put it in "documents", with tags, such as "James Bond" or "Goldfinger" and then "fetch covers" and see what happens.

If this is not what you were posting about, please post again.

woodsmoke

Comment

Hi Woodsmoke,
        That button "Fetch Missing Covers" is inactive. I cannot use it. How can I make it active?
        Regards, Sigurd

Comment

have you set a collection folder? it might be disabled because you have nothing in your collection (default is /home/username/Music)
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Of course I have set a collection folder. It is the default folder you mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by SigurdF View Post
              Hi Woodsmoke,
              That button "Fetch Missing Covers" is inactive. I cannot use it. How can I make it active?
              Regards, Sigurd
              I thought that too. But I believe what is happening is that your search is returning zero possibly due to not recognizing your album/song title.

In Cover Manager if you right click on you album you can select either Fetch Cover or Set Custom Cover, being the two options of particular interest to you.
              The Fetch Cover option allows you to alter the album name (for search purposes only), eg: AC/DC - Back, instead of AC/DC - Back In Black.
              The Set Custom Cover allows you to search locally and manually allocate an image.

A search result such as "The search results found no matching covers" would eliminate this confusion.

HTH
              Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

It would also be quite helpful to be more precise about your Amarok and KDE versions.
                Proud user of Kubuntu since 2005

Comment

Hi bra10n,
                  When I right click on the song I do not have the line "Album" and from there the new menu with "Fetch Cover" and "Set Custom Cover".
                  Hi Mamrok,
                  I use OS version Linux 3.0.0-16-generic, KDE Platform version 4.7.4 (4.7.4) and Amarok version 2.4.3 .
                  So, what can I do?
                  Regards, Sigurd

Comment

Hi bra10n,
                    When I right click on the song I do not have the line "Album" and from there the new menu with "Fetch Cover" and "Set Custom Cover".
                    In Cover Manager from the menu, Tools -> Cover Manager

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Hi bra10n,
                      Again when I use the tools menu and the "Cover Manager" the button " Fetch Missing Cover" is inactive. I cannot use it.
                      Regards, Sigurd

Comment

Hi bra10n,
                        Again when I use the tools menu and the "Cover Manager" the button " Fetch Missing Cover" is inactive. I cannot use it.
                        Regards, Sigurd
                        I take it you have checked the option "Automatically retrieve cover art"? (Settings -> Configure Amarok, General tab)

Comment

Hi bra10n,
                          The button "Fetch Missing Cover" in the Cover Manager under tools is inactive. I cannot use it.
                          Regards, Sigurd

Comment

So just to be clear,

Settings -> Configure Amarok; under the General tab, "Automatically Retrieve Album Art" is not available to you?

Comment

Sorry,
                              but the checkbox for "automatically trtrieve cover art" is not checked. Shall I check it?
                              Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X