X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From 'Adept' to 'K' App Menu

Hello,
    I am trying to get Wine to work as well as other programs from Adept. Sadly after I download and install them..I cant seem to find them.

as it says here http://kubuntu101.blogspot.com/2005/...ling-wine.html

after I downloaded wine and did all they said..they said to go to the 'K' menu and click on Wine.. I cant seem to find it anywhere. I figure I needed to 'put' it there.
    Thanks for any help..
    Again..

Matt - BIG LINUX NEWBIE!

Re: From 'Adept' to 'K' App Menu

A little clarification on that particular instruction: it only works if you have already installed something using Wine (in the example, Winzip). What happens is that a program installed using Wine will have a K Menu entry, under the Wine folder (which will also be added).

Wine is one of those programs that you install which will have no K Menu entry. The basic reason for this is the way Wine is usually used. To use wine to install or run something you either do it from the command line with a command like "wine program.exe" or from Konqueror by right-clicking on the .exe (or whatever executable file there is), choosing "Open With..." and typing in "wine".

Once the program has been installed, Wine will be smart enough to add a K Menu entry, which is really just an entry with a "wine program" command.

Hope that clarifies it a bit.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
    X