This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird kubuntu sound problems

I will oddly lose sound for Rhythmbox and Amarok at the beginning of my session. Sometimes sound will altogether disappear for every application. I installed kubuntu for the first time a week ago and the first few days worked perfectly actually. I checked the output using "pa aux | grep pulseaudio", and checked to see if "ls /usr/lib*/gstreamer-*/libgstpulse.so" returned anything

this is from the first command:

sushi 9409 0.7 0.1 341120 7112 ? S<l 21:04 0:00 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog
    sushi 9424 0.0 0.0 94816 3040 ? S 21:04 0:00 /usr/lib/pulseaudio/pulse/gconf-helper
    sushi 9846 0.0 0.0 14560 896 pts/1 S+ 21:05 0:00 grep --color=auto pulseaudio

the second command only returns

/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstpulse.so

-----------------

anyway i'm pretty confused

Re: weird kubuntu sound problems

Shot in the dark.

PulseAudio has a wiki page specifically about KDE. When you run phonon from a KRunner, does yours look like what you seen in the second screenshot on the wiki -- that is, only PulseAudio Sound Server appearing the output device list? It happens to me somewhat regularly. The suggestion there to run the start-pulseaudio-kde script works for me every time.

Comment

Working...
    X