This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with man

When i normally do 'man' in a terminal emulator. I am able to view the entire page for that specific command via scrolling the mouse wheel. However, today I am unable to do this. Only when I resize the window to max am I able to view more information, (however not the entire document) any ideas?

Have performed a system reboot (that is the limit of my knowledge so far)

thanks in advance

Re: Problems with man

Helpful if you tell us what version of Kubuntu you are using, and what version of KDE.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Removed KDE due to frequent Plasma/Program Crashes, Now running Gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by firtlat2
        When i normally do 'man' in a terminal emulator. I am able to view the entire page for that specific command via scrolling the mouse wheel. However, today I am unable to do this. Only when I resize the window to max am I able to view more information, (however not the entire document) any ideas?
        Unfortunately, no, I don't have any ideas on this as I've never used anything but the keyboard to control viewing (and searching within) man pages. Personally, I've preferred pg to man's default pager since it became available ~25 years ago, so that's what I have man set to use. If you'd like to use the keyboard--which allows a lot of stuff you cannot do with the mouse--look into using pg as man's default pager.

Have performed a system reboot (that is the limit of my knowledge so far)
        Please don't get insulted by what I'm about to say, okay? This isn't windoze. We don't reboot--nor do we NEED to reboot--for stuff like this. I'm assuming you're a very recent refugee from the world of micro$oft and, as such, I'd like to suggest that you get some old habits/beliefs out of your head ASAP! As one of my top selling designs says, Linux: Because rebooting is only for installing hardware. (To the folks who will UNDOUBTEDLY point out that there are kernel updates and/or the odd other issue that require a reboot, yes, I know that. But there's only so much room on a t-shirt or bumper sticker, you know? )
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by firtlat2

Removed KDE due to frequent Plasma/Program Crashes, Now running Gnome.

Well, and don't take this wrong, why are you asking your question here in KFN, where we utilize Kubuntu which does use KDE? The vast majority of our members don't use (because we [generally] don't like) Gnome, and are less likely to be able to provide meaningful support for it. Have you asked over on ubuntuforums.org?
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you all for the advice, yes i have migrated and am still learning. ( yes i know i am a newbie)

I originally had Kubuntu installed, however, I just find Gnome to be more stable on my system.So what your saying Snowhog is that the Xwindow System will dictate what flavour of ubuntu you are running? (Might be handy for me to read into that) Thankyou for opening the eyes of a windows user hahahaha.

Will check out that on ubuntuforums. cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X