Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solved access any of my panel menus or configuration files on any of my Browsers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved access any of my panel menus or configuration files on any of my Browsers

Kubuntu Natty
    KDE 4.6.2 ? Can't locate help menu to confirm.
    AMD Quad with 4gb memory

This happened without warning and I do not know what to do. the menu's that begin with 'File', 'Edit', etc disappear, are covered, or have been removed from Rekonq, Konqueror, and Firefox. I usually use Google as my start page, but now CrunchBase dominates and takes over the start page for Konqueror. Google starts with the Firefox browser, but I do not have access to my bookmarks or other menubar items. Once Firfox is open, I cannot close the application because the Menubar is not available. If I did not have 2 monitors and the ability to move the Browser to the opposite monitor, I could not close the application at all.Rekonq opens in Google and has minimize, maximize, and close options, but no menubar. It is my least favorite browser, but works the best at this moment. I can't remember anyplace in System Settings where these items might be removed by checking a box. Has anyone any experience on this peculiar situation.

My favorite browser is Konqueror, but it does not play flash very well on my machine, and that is important in the way I use my computer. Thanks for any help.

Re: Cannot access any of my panel menus or configuration files on any of my Browsers

Did you try Ctrl M?

Comment

Re: Cannot access any of my panel menus or configuration files on any of my Browsers

Originally posted by Jook_roberts
      Did you try Ctrl M?
      yes ctrl>m works for Konqueror ......firefox right click a blank space above the location field .......Rekonq click the wrench icon upper right and right click next to the arrows upper left for tool bar settings.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks. Ctrl+M in Konqueror restored the menubar. Rekonq also became usable, but frankly, I don't like Rekonq. Konqueror is my favorite but flash doesn't work well for videos.

I tried to get some flexibility with Firefox. It's flash works good, but if I want to close the application I cannot close it. No menubar and no maximise, minimise or close Icons in the upper-right corner of the screen. Frankly I used it most in the past because of flash and the fact I don't like Rekonq or Chromium. Additionally, I hate the Google toolbar and am getting turned from Google because I can't get rid of their insistence to keep a Chrome add on my start page and that awful google tool bar. Since they went public, their philosophy has changed and the only thing I like about them is their method of search.

I hate any of the browsers who try to force you to use them. I try not to support their sponsors and don't use them except there is no other alternative.

I wish Konqueror would get their act together with multimedia. If they did, I would almost use them exclusively.

Right now, the very top of my screen on Firefox is a Google toolbar that I wish I could remove permanently. I have tried and it is too complicated for me at this time. Additionally, the only options when I right-click on any portion of the Firefox start page, which is set to open on Google Search, is the following: Reload, Bookmark this page, Save page as,.Send link, Select All, View Page Source, and View Page Info. I would at least like File, Edit, View, Bookmarks, Settings and Help, and an option to delete using a delete icon. I also would like to be able to close the page by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the screen, and minimize and maximize.

If I did not know better I would think a virus finally got into a Linux machine, or the Devil himself lives in our browsers. Why did these features leave all of a sudden?

Thanks for your help so far, but I really need Firfox for it's multimedia capabilities and would really appreciate further help with Firefox. Is this stuff unique to my computer, or are others infected?? or affected?

Comment

Perhaps this would help?

Firefox support: Menu bar is missing

Comment

Thanks Steve, that was just terrific. Wish I knew how that and the other configuration changes in other browsers happened at the selfsame time. You are most appreciated.

Comment

Re: Solved access any of my panel menus or configuration files on any of my Browsers

Glad to help.

The only immediate cause I can imagine is that you somehow lost a fair amount of what was in your home folder, which contains settings for all applications. Is anything else malfunctioning? Do you still have all of your documents, pictures, music, etc.?

Comment

Working...
              X