X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation

Hi,
    I tried to install kubuntu on the notebook of a friend. The installation process went well. But after the new start the Muon Package Manager wants to download and install updates. The download process was fine. But in the middle of the installation process everything stopped. No progress anymore. I only could terminate the Muon Package Manager by pressing the power button for 3 seconds.
    What can I do to run the update process completely and in the right way?
    Kind regards, Sigurd

Re: Installation

Have you tried running apt-get upgrade or apt-get dist-upgrade from the terminal yet?
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Hi,
      I tried the commands you recommended. It does not work because its telling me that I have no authorisation. What can I do?
      Regards, Sigurd

Comment

Try these commands in Konsole Terminal Program one-by one
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get upgrade
        sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi,
          yes, it worked. I could download and install all the updates - great!
          But the Muon software center still does not work. I can start the software. The windows appears. But before I can see the different categories of avalable software it crashed. And I can see a new window with an error message.
          On my computer in addition I have apper. So with
          sudo apt-get install packagekit gnome-packagekit
          and
          sudo apt-get install apper
          I installed apper. This way I am able to download and install the software I need on the computer of my friend. When there are new updates available does apper notify me?
          And what can I do to fix the problem with the Muon software center?
          Kind regards, Sigurd

Comment

I'm very new to Kubuntu and I had the same problem as you on first big update.
            Since then I've had no problems using Muon Package Manager. I've read on these forums that Muon Software Center, and sometimes Muon P M are having problems. It may be fixed in the upcoming KDE 4.8 release. But I also read you can install Synaptic Package Manager and it should be more stable.
            "Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
            Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself."

Comment

Working...
            X