This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem With Internet Connection

It's my first time with linux generally, my friends advise me to use Kubuntu I'm really install it throw windows and when I start my laptop((LENOVO G570 i3 with intell hd family graphics)) I have two boot options windows 7 or kubuntu both are 64 bit.
    after installation I tried to connect to Internet from my USB Modem(ZTE MF 626)
    I Enabled broadband connection then managed connections. after them all it's connected to the internet the USB modem gives lights that it's connected when I started the Browser it couldn't surf the web"any webpage" I tried to install MOZILLA but it gives me this message after I press install (the package "Firefox kde-support) hasn't been found among you software, therefore, it can't be install)...Plz help, what should I do?

Re: Problem With Internet Connection

I install Kubntu throw WUBI and give it 10 Gb from Harddisk

Comment

can anyone help me how can I connect to internet using usb modem
      I'm from Egypt and my USB modem company mobinil and it's APN is mobinilweb what should I do to connect to the internet. I can't surf web from Kubuntu so when i face a problem I should restart then chosen windows 7 to send this ERROR here, and then there is no one want to help me
      PLEASE HELP!

Comment

Diagnosing USB modem issues can be hard. There are posts on the internet to say how difficult it is to get this particular one working. Most of these are old so hopefully things might have moved on and it might just be one of configuration.

Click on the network manager icon in the bottom right of the screen. In the resulting panel is your modem shown as a networking interface? If it is, this ought to be a configuration issue. If not, you probably have some work to do.

What is showing?

Comment

This What I got When I connect To Internet
          http://jumbofiles.com/cdsj641le8ra
          Thank You For Your Asking!

Comment

From your snapshot image, the USB Modem is recognized and 'working' -- there is indicated traffic both sending and receiving. That you can't connect to anyplace on the Internet implies (to me) that you don't have a Domain Name Server identified in your settings.

You can test my thought by using the IP address to connect to kde-apps.org. In the browser URL window, type in 188.138.118.86 and press enter (this is the IP address for kde-apps.org). If you get connected to the site, then I am correct that your settings for the USB Modem doesn't contain a DNS IP address to use.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Ok, I tried what you said. but it doesn't work, and I want to notify you that the problem isn't with kde.org only it's with all websites
              http://jumbofiles.com/5pj0fsoqppx5

Comment

Working...
              X