This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xkilled my Desktop bar

Among all the really embarrassing things you have to google when you are new in unbuntu, "accidentally xkilled my desktop bar" is not at the top , but, I could not find a way to fix it.
    Thus, the bar that is at the bottom of the screen (equivalent start bar in windows ) was, by mistake, xkilled

how do I get it back?

and while im here asking a question, how do I install flash player for Chromium?
    when I go to sites like youtube It sends me to upgrade my flashplayer in adobe site, when I choose operation system I get only plugin for firefox.

being so lost.
    Thanks for all the help.

Re: xkilled my Desktop bar

Right-click anywhere on the Desktop, and select Add Panel > Default Panel
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Cauchy
      and while im here asking a question, how do I install flash player for Chromium?
      Welcome to the forums.

Which version of Kubuntu have you installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        Right-click anywhere on the Desktop, and select Add Panel > Default Panel
        And if that doesn't work, you may need to restart plasma-desktop (if you xkilled something you probably killed that process ... I don't think the desktop panels have individual window processes):

Press alt-f2 (or open a terminal window) and type in plasma-desktop and press enter.
        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
        X