This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with microphone and webcam on Acer Aspire One netbook

I recently installed the newest version of Kubuntu and I am having trouble getting my (internal) microphone and webcam to work. The only program I have tested them with is Skype.

My computer: early Acer Aspire One Netbook, similar specs to this one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115554)

I am a newbie and I would try surfing the net to figure it out, except that my internet is very, very, slow. (i.e., it took 7 hours just to download Kubuntu, and 6 more to install it.) So any step-by-step help would be very much appreciated.

Another probably unrelated issue is that the headphone jack works for external speakers, but the internal speakers do not automatically turn off when they are plugged in like they did with Windows. I am not sure how to adjust this setting.

Re: Problems with microphone and webcam on Acer Aspire One netbook

For headphone issue this is what i did:
    type " alsamixer ' in terminal which will open alsamixer settings.Then select "Headphone" and change settings from " MM " to " 00 " ( press "m" key ) . Close the terminal and check and see if internal speakers go off when headphone jack is inserted.

Comment

Re: Problems with microphone and webcam on Acer Aspire One netbook

I also have an aspire one netbook (but the 8.9" screen model) and suffer the same problem. It seems to be the connector from the cable to the screen. It is located just under the keyboard and tends to work loose. I shoved it back in and it worked again. However worked loose again. To be honest, I have not used the netbook much since I got an android tablet.

Quick way to check it the cam and microphone are attached, is open a terminal and type

lsusb

This will list all the attached USB peripherals, and the webcam should show up. you may have to install lsusb though.

Comment

Working...
      X