This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chinese input

I have got chinese characters sort of working by installing ibus manually (not from system settings) however the character list for each input doesnt show up. What i mean by that is, if i type 'ma' a whole bunch of possible characters for 'ma' should come up. It was working fine before reinstall.

Re: chinese input

Same issue for me after upgrade to 11.10 (can type but the character list doesn't show up).
    Haven't got time to look into it yet.
    You can still type because you know usually what comes up first (arrows up/down to see next characters) especially when you type two characters, but it's not really convenient if you need to type a long text.
    Single boot Kubuntu12.04 on Zepto NoxA14 Intel Dual Core 2GHz (64-bit), RAM 4Go, Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT

Comment

On Kubuntu 12.10, I cannot get Ibus pinyin to work at all. The option to choose Chinese Pinyin in Ibus-settings is simply grayed out....

Google haven't given me any solution so far ... Seems this is an old problem.

I DO have a solution though.

Install Ubuntu - set up Ibus, then sudo apt-get install kde-plasma-desktop

however, I'm not a fan of that solution at all. I want to have Kubuntu installed in all it's glory.

Comment

Working...
      X