This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stability issues? Bugs?

I've had a few issues getting kubuntu to work the way I want it to. Here are some examples:

1. updated firefox. tried to import bookmarks. error. after rebooting, no problem.
    2. installed flash. updated konquerer plug-ins. flash player kept crashing. finally worked after restarting konquerer a bunch of times.
    3. tried to play audio cd in amarok. option grayed-out. tried to use kscd. no sound. after some config changes, i couldn't play the cd at all. after restarting kscd a bunch of times, i can play and hear audiocds.

any idea about what's going on? how common is this? thank you.

john

Re: Stability issues? Bugs?

Originally posted by OU812
    I've had a few issues getting kubuntu to work the way I want it to. Here are some examples:

3. tried to play audio cd in amarok. option grayed-out. tried to use kscd. no sound. after some config changes, i couldn't play the cd at all. after restarting kscd a bunch of times, i can play and hear audiocds.

any idea about what's going on? how common is this? thank you.

john
    Similar here. No sound after doing some config, amarok crashes on start up, reinstalled but still no sound ... everything else rocks though, thanks all

Comment

Without knowing your hardware config its hard to help. What kind of sound card are we talking about Is it ISA or PCI Many times with older hardware its just a matter of getting the correct module to load to enable sound. Did you hear the start-up sounds??

PDR60

Comment

Yes to everything. I get system sounds, but to get sound in kscd I had to point it to the correct drive (I think that's all I did). My soundcard is a Turtle Beach Riveria. It was brand new a couple of years ago, but I found out recently that it is based on a really old chip - a cmedia electronics chip. Ooops. Like I said, everything seems to work eventually, it just takes some time for the system to update itself I guess. Thanks.

john

Comment

Working...
        X