Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solved] How do I disable touchscreen auto-detect on startup?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] How do I disable touchscreen auto-detect on startup?

I have this issue: My Kubuntu keeps on displaying a "No touchpad detected" message upon start-up; my computer does not have a touchpad. How do I disable this auto-detection?

It's kinda annoying that this message always appears upon every start-up. People who see it think there is something wrong with the PC.

Re: How do I disable touchscreen auto-detect on startup?

They think there is something wrong with not having a Touchpad? What a bunch of weirdo's.

Is the message coming up in KDE or during boot? For the computer to stop looking for a touchpad entirely you would probably need to find what module is loading from the kernel (see lsmod) and blacklist it by editing your /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist file.

Comment

Re: How do I disable touchscreen auto-detect on startup?

Originally posted by cysquatch
      They think there is something wrong with not having a Touchpad? What a bunch of weirdo's.

Is the message coming up in KDE or during boot? For the computer to stop looking for a touchpad entirely you would probably need to find what module is loading from the kernel (see lsmod) and blacklist it by editing your /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist file.
      Hi,

I would say during boot right after the desktop has been loaded. But no worries, the error has (strangely) stopped appearing. It might have probably fixed itself automatically.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X