This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i edit my repos?

I want to take the us. off my repos what is the command I need to use?

Re: How do i edit my repos?

The best way is to edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list using a real text editor. You could also use Adept or Synaptic, but they are less flexible.

To use Kate, the KDE Advanced Text Editor: right click on the desktop; click "Run Command"; enter "kdesu kate /etc/apt/sources.list"; enter your password when requested; and edit your file. It's a good idea to start the editing session by saving the file BEFORE YOU EDIT IT with File>Save As> "/etc/apt/sources.list.bak", or something similar. You can change the letters "us" in the repo addresses to your country's 2 letter code (or someone else's country, if you prefer)

Comment

Thanks worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
        The best way is to edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list using a real text editor. You could also use Adept or Synaptic, but they are less flexible.
        Where is there a list of recommended sites? I have the defaults plus the "universal" I got somewhere. But are there others that are good to include?

Lane
        Lane Lester
        The Web Doctor

Comment

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/sources has my recommended set of repositories.
          Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by aysiu
            http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/sources has my recommended set of repositories.
            Thanks! I was surprised to see that aptitude update gave me this error:
            E: Type 'Or' is not known on line 27 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list

And then I saw that I had grabbed the Breezy lines along with the Dappers. :P

Lane
            Lane Lester
            The Web Doctor

Comment

Working...
            X