X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to activate bluetooth in kubuntu ?

Hiya,
    I just migrated from Ubuntu and I'm very happy with the way Kubuntu 11.10 works.

However, I'm unable to activate bluetooth support on my ACER Aspire 4741G (http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-As...G.32734.0.html)

Back on Unity, I had to hold down <Fn> and press <F3> for a few seconds to activate bluetooth.
    However, this does not work on Kubuntu. Instead, only WLAN is switched on and off.

Does anyone know a solution ?
    Thanks alot.

Re: How to activate bluetooth in kubuntu ?

First, click on the triangle by the clock (show hidden icons) and click on the bluetooth icon to make sure it is detected...
    Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Sorry, no bluetooth icon there.

I just installed 'blueman', so I got at least a bluetooth daemon running, but it says "No adapter found".

Comment

Have you tried kmenu/system settings/bluetooth after enabling bluetooth with the Fn+F3 key combination?

Comment

No, theres no bluetooth menu at all.

But I have just switched back to 11.04 on another partition and yes, the blo
          otooth icon appears after holding down <fn> and pressing <f3>, so the problem is clearly with 11.10

Comment

Just to clarify: "Switching back to 11.04" just means that I cross-checked the issue with 11.04.

I'm still using Oneiric and I'm keen to solve this problem.

Comment

Ok, I was finally able to solve the problem by installing and using 'blueman' instead of the native KDE bluetooth daemon.
              I did the install via Muon Software Center instead of Synaptic, so I assume this did the trick.

Comment

Working...
              X