Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help me get rid of this dumb kde menu bar that won't go away...please.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me get rid of this dumb kde menu bar that won't go away...please.

I don't know what I did to make this happen but I have this menu bar at the top of my desktop that says Kdesktop File Sessions New, etc... (see image)
    I can't figure out how to get rid of the thing for the life of me. Does anyone know?
    [img width=400 height=300]http://chrisdalton.net/snapshot1.jpg[/img]

Re: help me get rid of this dumb kde menu bar that won't go away...please.

I'm not exactly sure of the steps (I'm not in Kubuntu right now) but:
    K Menu > System Settings > Desktop > Behavior > look for the option about a Mac OS-like menu.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Or right click on your bottom menu-bar and look for remove panel? Perhaps? (Make sure it says unlock panels first)

Hope this helps

Cheers Lowey
      I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Ok, found the exact steps, now that I'm in my Kubuntu system.

System Settings > Desktop > Behavior > set the "Menu bar at top of screen" to "None".

OR

right-click on an empty space on the Desktop > Configure Desktop > Behavior > set the "Menu bar at top of screen" to "None".

And, no, it's not available from right-clicking the panel (right-clicking the desktop works, though )

Hope that helps.
        Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Ah yes, thanks! I thought I would never be rid of it.
          Cheers!

Originally posted by Jucato
          Ok, found the exact steps, now that I'm in my Kubuntu system.

System Settings > Desktop > Behavior > set the "Menu bar at top of screen" to "None".

OR

right-click on an empty space on the Desktop > Configure Desktop > Behavior > set the "Menu bar at top of screen" to "None".

And, no, it's not available from right-clicking the panel (right-clicking the desktop works, though )

Hope that helps.

Comment

Rofl! I thank you too! I was trying to figure out for the past 2 days what I did to get that bar up there and I couldn't seem to get rid of it!!!  :P

Thanks from me too!

Dave

Comment

I didn't know you could do that - how cool! Thanks!:-)

Comment

Working...
              X