This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Kontact: cannot send e-mail

New user here. Installed Kubuntu 11.10. I can receive email via my POP3 account but not send. Error message is:

Server did not accept sender address as 'tomb@inspiron-kubuntu'. The server responded: "5.1.8-Domain of sender address : tomb@inspiron-kubuntu does not exist [R0107008]"
    Is there a way to fix this? I have been running ubuntu for the last five years and never had this issue with Thunderbird or Evolution.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Re: Kontact: cannot send e-mail

tomb@inspiron-kubuntu does not look like a proper email address?

Put in your actual email address. Look at e.g. http://slackermedia.info/kontact/index.html
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

arochester, thanks a million! That fixed it! And thanks for the link as well.

How do I mark the thread as "Solved"?

Comment

Go to your top post and choose "edit" (the little symbol of the paper and pencil on the left). You can then edit the title to add "[Solved]"
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
        X