This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmenu back button

Just switched from Ubuntu to Kubuntu with a fresh install of 11.10 'cause I just can't stand Unity. However, I noticed on the kmenu, when moving through hierarchical menus that the back button is no longer on the left. Is there a way to restore it. I assume that it has been removed by default in the new KDE, but I've been in Gnome world for several years.

Re: Kmenu back button

yeah they removed it just recently, now the words along the top of the menu just below the search are clickable to go back.

Comment

Re: Kmenu back button

Yeah, it just seems a little more awkward than the old back button. Why mess with things that aren't broken.

Comment

I'm new to Kubuntu and it's clear that a big fat back button is needed.
        The use case is when you are browsing applications you want to pop in and out of the different categories. This must be fast. And the 'All applications' breadcrumb is a bit small.

I too am a refugee from Unity. Where browsing applications is a nightmare! A sign that they are new to creating desktop GUIs.

I use EasyStroke to control applications with gestures. Such as Back, Forward and Close window with a flick of the mouse. But it does not appear possible to use a gesture in the KMenu.

My mouse (Genius) has a Back button but this does not work in the Kmenu. Apparently it does for some people's mices though.

One workaround is to switch the Kmenu to the classic style. Here browsing categories is very quick. I'm not too keen on the classic menu though as 'Favorites' is in a submenu and not visible by default as on the 'Launcher' style.
        Last edited by ianp5a; Nov 03, 2012, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ianp5a View Post
          I'm new to Kubuntu and it's clear that a big fat back button is needed.
          The use case is when you are browsing applications you want to pop in and out of the different categories. This must be fast. And the 'All applications' breadcrumb is a bit small.

have you tried navigating the menu with the arrow key's ?

tis quite fast

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks. The focus seems to stick to the bottom tabs. So arrow keys seem to behave in different ways when combined with the mouse. So Left-Arrow takes you to the Favourites tab again. But sometimes it works. So is promising. And, as you said, quick.
            Last edited by ianp5a; Nov 04, 2012, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X