This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Bluetack

Since last night I keep getting a window popping up saying copy complete the source is
    Www.bluetack.co.uk*
    I can't make this stop. do I have a virus on my pc? How can I stop this?
    Computer are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open windows!<br /><br />Linux : Because you wouldnt put a Porsche&#39;s engine in a Pinto<br /><br />case : HAF 932<br />mother board: ASUS p5e3<br />processor: Intel e8500 3.16 GHz<br />RAM: 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1600<br />power supply: Corsair 850W<br />video card: GeForce 8400

Re: Bluetack

What Browser do you use?

Have you enabled Pop Up Blocker?

E.g. I use Chrome, I go Wrench>Preferences>Under the Bonnet>Content Settings> I click the radar button " Do not allow any site to show pop-ups "
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by jpro6363
      Since last night I keep getting a window popping up saying copy complete the source is
      Www.bluetack.co.uk*
      I can't make this stop. do I have a virus on my pc? How can I stop this?
      are you running Ktorrent?
      that is the location of the IP filter list file it uses for the IP filter function and if you have it set to do so it will automatically download a current block list every so often or as you have it set to.

VINNY

EDIT: specifically "http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz"
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I do have Ktorrent open do I'm sure that is what it is. What I was worried about it kept popping up saying copy finished over and over. Thanks for the feed back a soon as I get home I will see what I can do with this now.

Thanks Everyone!
        Computer are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open windows!<br /><br />Linux : Because you wouldnt put a Porsche&#39;s engine in a Pinto<br /><br />case : HAF 932<br />mother board: ASUS p5e3<br />processor: Intel e8500 3.16 GHz<br />RAM: 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1600<br />power supply: Corsair 850W<br />video card: GeForce 8400

Comment

Likely there is a notification setting in KTorrent that you can set to not notify.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

+ the site bluetack.co.uk is down at the moment ,,,,so it will keep trying and fail .

go to Ktorrent>settings>configure Ktorrent>IP filter and uncheck the box "update file every: Xdays" and just run it manually (the download/convert button) every day or so till it completes (they get back on line) and then reset auto updates

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

VINNY

That fixed it! Thank you for the help with this!
              Thanks also to Snowhog for the continued support!! And to arochester thanks for your help!

Good night everyone!!!

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Bluetack

You are welcome

I just happen to use the heck out of Ktorrent so recognized the URL ....and the current symptoms of that quirk ...LOL

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                X