This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved: Chrome bookmarks

I am prepared to upgrade to 11.10, however I am just looking to save my google chrome bookmarks, where are they saved?

Re: Chrome bookmarks

Originally posted by marqueemark
    I am prepared to upgrade to 11.10, however I am just looking to save my google chrome bookmarks, where are they saved?
    Mine are in /home/paul/.config/google-chrome/Default/Bookmarks.

Comment

I backed up my home folder on an external yesterday, and then deleted everything in it that i backed up. No .config folder is there, nor is there one still in my home folder on the primary drive. Google chrome is still on my system, I'm using it now, and all the bookmarks still are there. I can't find any folder that says .config anywhere. Is there some way to get chrome to tell me where they are going?

Comment

When I go into the bookmark manager i can copy and paste the bookmarks, so can i just do that then import them when I reinstall?

Comment

Running locate Bookmarks in konsole will tell you where they are.

Comment

OK, when I do this I get the same result as I was shown in the first response, /home/mark/.config/google-chrome/bookmarks, however when I tell it to open in the file manager it goes to my home folder where this directory does not show up. What am I missing here?

Comment

.config is a hidden folder, hence the dot.

Set your file manager to show hidden folders and it will appear along with many others!

Comment

Perfect, thank you all again. I love that you can ask the noobiest questions and not condescending remarks, I found and copied it, you guys rule!!

Comment

Re: Solved: Chrome bookmarks

The easiest way is to install the Xmarks extension. All of you bookmarks will be saved on their server, and you can merely download them after the upgrade.

Comment

The easiest way is...
                    Chrome Synch?

Wrench>Preferences>Personal Stuff>Sync
                    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
                    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Except it only works on Chrome or chromium. Xmarks will let you download your bookmarks to different browsers, so you can sync with Chrome, chromium, Firefox, Safari, and IE.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
                        The easiest way is to install the Xmarks extension. All of you bookmarks will be saved on their server, and you can merely download them after the upgrade.
                        I did this, but the comments on the site are not encouraging...people claim it simply does not work correctly with chrome

Comment

It works perfectly for me in chromium-browser and in Firefox.

Comment

So far I have had no trouble, all the comments on the site though say that it constantly duplicates the bookmarks until you have an unwieldly amount of them

Comment

Working...
                            X