X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail Dispatcher Agent

Hi,
    I am not so happy with the update to kubuntu 11.10 . The Internet connection (settings) were lost. And suddenly the audio sound was gone until I found out that there is a prefer button that pushes the prefered audio device on first place. Even if I change the settings it will alway only use the first place device. Okay, that is fixed. But after every start I get the attached error message about an "Mail Dispatcher Agent"? How can I change this?
    Regards, Sigurd
    Attached Files

Re: Mail Dispatcher Agent

Originally posted by SigurdF
    Hi,
    I am not so happy with the update to kubuntu 11.10 . The Internet connection (settings) were lost. And suddenly the audio sound was gone until I found out that there is a prefer button that pushes the prefered audio device on first place. Even if I change the settings it will alway only use the first place device. Okay, that is fixed. But after every start I get the attached error message about an "Mail Dispatcher Agent"? How can I change this?
    Regards, Sigurd
    Hello. Please follow the instructions described at replies 3 and 4 from this thread: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3118353.0

Comment

Hi,
      I do not use Kmail or any software related to akonadi. I use Thunderbird with Lightning.
      All described under reply #3 and #4 did not work!
      But I found out where I can alter the configuration of akonadi. I went here: home/.config/akonadi. Every config file I found I altered under [General] and [Agent] "Online=true" in "Online=false". And I altered "StartServer=true" in StartServer=false".
      This way the message did not appear anymore. Problem solved!

Regards, Sigurd

Comment

Originally posted by geoaraujo
        Originally posted by SigurdF
        Hi,
        Regards, Sigurd
        Hello. Please follow the instructions described at replies 3 and 4 from this thread: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3118353.0

ok i tried 3 & 4 i did not have a kmail folder at all

however this solution

If you are still having migration issues, you can manually run the migrator manually:
        Code:
        kmail-migrator --interactive

worked it gave a bunch of kmail errors at the end but it worked
        no more
        Comment

Hi,
          Thank you for your kind advice. I never used kmail and I don't want to. since I have changed to Thunderbird I am happy with this email client. And now it is part of kubuntu. I still have disabled all of akonadi and it works.
          Kind regards,
          Sigurd

Comment

Working...
          X