Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emergency, I screwed up. Error: Failed to fetch the resource collection.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Emergency, I screwed up. Error: Failed to fetch the resource collection.

Originally posted by Shabakthanai
    however, I am having trouble sending emails. When I send an email from my Kmail client, it remains in the 'outbox'. All outgoing mail remains in the out box.
    Sending the mails from your outbox is the job of the 'Mail Dispatcher Agent', so that agent is probably been borked during the migration as well.

Try these steps:
    1. install package 'akonadiconsole' (if not already installed)
    2. run 'akonadiconsole'
    3. on the 'Agents' tab, find 'Mail Dispatcher Agent'
    4. Select the agent and remove it ('remove' button is on the bottom of the window)
    5. Click the 'add' button (next to the 'remove' button), and select 'Mail Dispatcher Agent' from the list dialog
    6. Check that the newly added 'Mail Dispatcher Agent' reports no errors

Under the 'General' tab of KOrganizer Main Configuration, here is what appears: akonadi_ical_resource_1; a red box with an X and No file selected indicates that there is a problem. Additionally, I show Personal Calendar as Ready, Default Calendar and Ready and Birthday & Anniversaries as Ready.

Is it possible that the akonadi_ical_resource_1 contains an error that is causing the 'sending' problem using Kmail?
    It's a calendar resource, so it doesn't (shouldn't) affect your outgoing mail...but since that agent is non-functional, you can safely remove it (it's redundant).

Comment

Working...
    X