This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: corel draw files

Ok, its an old thread but I am currently right smack in the middle of all this and have some info.

There is a project called the sK1 Project.

http://sk1project.org/

It includes these apps:

Uniconverter: a universal vector graphics translator.
    sK1: Vector graphics editor.

There are a few more apps in the project. The sK1 program will open corel CDR files directly if you have the Uniconverter and its dependices installed.

It can then export to Post Script or SVG and PDF and a few others.

sK1 is not as feature rich as Corel Draw. (how many times is a linux app not as feature rich...hehe).

But it will open and export your CDR files. It can also save in CDR format. I have not played with it enough to know what the gottcha's are.

Inkscape, in its .4something state is still the best I can see for a Vector based graphic program available in linux.

I think you can import a CDR directly from Inkscape if you have the above Uniconverter installed.

ANYBODY doing Vector based graphics for a plotter/cutter or wide format print or print/cut under linux or Kubuntu drop me a note and maybe we can collaborate.

I am setting up shop and trying to go all linux. I have 5 computers with Kubuntu installed and am pulling hair tyring to get everything set up. I come from a Windows/Corel Draw/Illustrator/FlexiSignPro/Rolad world.

All those are too expensive from my venture, so its gonna be Kubuntu/Inkscape/Gimp/TC Cutters and Chinese printers.

Working...
X