Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resolved Kmenu icon on panel does NOT 'drag' to resize the open window.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolved Kmenu icon on panel does NOT 'drag' to resize the open window.

Kubuntu Natty KDE 4.6.2

Previously, I was able to resize the 'Kmenu' drop-down from the panel button. (My panel is on the top of the Desktop.) Depending on the number of applications included in my 'Favorites' tab, I could resize them to show all applications when I clicked on the Kmenu icon.

Recently the Kmenu drop-down will NOT resize when trying to drag down or to the side to increase the window. How can I restore the 'drag to size' feature, without system re-install or something else drastic.

I have no idea how or when this happened, sometime between when the drop-down was previously resized, and when I recently added a couple of new Favorites. TIA

Re: Kmenu icon on panel does NOT 'drag' to resize the open window.

It's there in 4.7 but it seems you need to put the cursor on the top right-hand corner of the window - it has no effect anywhere else

HTH

Ian

Comment

Resolved Re: Kmenu icon on panel does NOT 'drag' to resize the open window.

Thank you so much. I feel a bit foolish, because I should have thought of my circumstance. Since I locate my panel on the top/right of the desktop, it did not occur to me that the lower right corner of the window would be the place to drag from.

I have an additional monitor which has the Kmenu button on the upper left corner of the screen, so the logical, lower-right corner for making adjustments makes sense. I added this additional information for those who have their panel on the upper right of the desktop.

The one factor that could be improved is that when you have the Kmenu button on the upper desktop edge, making adjustment on the window size are limited to length, top-to-bottom; you are unable to reduce the width of the window, as you are able when locating your kmenu button on the left side of the screen. Easy to live with that.

Comment

Re: Resolved Kmenu icon on panel does NOT 'drag' to resize the open window.

No need to feel that way. As a well known UK game show host says "the questions are only easy if you know the answer". Dead right

Comment

Re: Resolved Kmenu icon on panel does NOT 'drag' to resize the open window.

Originally posted by The Liquidator
          No need to feel that way. As a well known UK game show host says "the questions are only easy if you know the answer". Dead right
          In Kubuntu Natty, the window grabber engaged in any corner. Since I place my panel in the upper screen, and because, being right-handed, I place relevant applications in the upper right corner of the panel, having the adjustments made in the lower left corner of the application launcher is the only appropriate place to make adjustments, other than perhaps having the walls of the open launcher window able to execute your needs.

The changes made in Ocelot apparently made the upper and lower corners of the application launcher window active, because when I placed Kmenu in the upper right corner of the screen, I was able to adjust the height of the launcher window from the lower right corner, as previously stated.

Because we are able to configure and put the panel at the top of the screen, as well as, move launcher Icons to the right, it makes sense to have all corners of he launcher windows active depending where you locate the panel. IMHO.

Comment

Working...
          X