Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I eliminate the icon activity popup (solved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I eliminate the icon activity popup (solved)

How do I eliminate the icon activity pop up, when ever I put the mouse over an icon the side bar (activity popup) comes up and sometimes I have as many as 6 of these on the desktop, so I need to stop this activity. Thanks in advance Richard

Re: how do I eliminate the icon activity popup

Not quite sure I understand. Are you referring to a Panel with a task manager that may or may not be hidden on the screen?
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

not sure if this is the popup's your talking about, but you can disable the "informational popups" (i.e from hovering over your "K" menu) disable it in : system settings-> workspace behavior-> workspaces -> show informational popups.

if thats not it and you meet the plasma notifier popups, those can be changed on a per event basis in :
      system settings -> applications and system notifications->other notifications -> disable popup notifications. . in this kcm under " manage notifications" you can set how you are notified of different events, if you wish to tweak the events that popup and not completely disable then look in there for the application thats annoying you and change its notification behavior.

good luck
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Maybe I did not make myself clear, what I am talking about is the sliding bar that comes out when you put the cursor on an icon on the desk top, hope this helps explain the situation. Richard

Comment

Originally posted by 1richard
          Maybe I did not make myself clear, what I am talking about is the sliding bar that comes out when you put the cursor on an icon on the desk top, hope this helps explain the situation. Richard
          the bar that slides ,out is for widget controlls , if you lock your widgets they should not come out anymore . at least untill you unlock them.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: how do I eliminate the icon activity popup (solved)

Thanks sithlord48 it worked

Comment

Re: how do I eliminate the icon activity popup (solved)

I bow out to those who know
              Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

Working...
              X