X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling Kwin desktop effects by default

Hi,

Whenever i startup my machine .. by default compiz desktop effects are triggered and KWIN desktop effects are not reflected even after setting KWIN in compiz fusion utility...

Is there is any way i can make the KWIN dektop effects permanent with my kubuntu 11.04 system

Also when i click the system-settings ---> Desktop effects ---> resume desktop effects .. I'm getting below message in a small pop up window..

"Desktop effects has been disabled by another application"

Thanks

Re: Enabling Kwin desktop effects by default

what are the specks of your box ....CPU,RAM,GPU,,,,,,,,,,

why did you install compiz ?

you have the compiz fushion icon and you cant chose kwin and have it stick is that right?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yes you are right .. Now I have removed all the compiz and fusion icon related packages from the kpackage kit.

Even after ... the Kwin settings are disabled by default. When i click resume desktop effects option under system settings --> desktop effects...

I'm getting the error "Desktop effects has been disabled by another application" .. I'm not able to find which application is suspending the KWIN desktop effects...

My hardware specs are intel i5 core processor , 8GB RAM ,nividia getforce 8500..

Please advise me on this.

Thanks

Comment

Did you log out and then log back in?
        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

I'm facing the same issue .. even after rebooting my machine several times...!

Comment

Hummm removing may not have been the best choice hear as removing will leave config files behind ....purge would have been better .

that's a prity new GPU isent it ?

look in kickoff>applications>system>additional drivers and see if their is a better driver for that GPU.
            I have no nvidia hardware so.........

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I also tried purging all the compiz packages from terminal .. which doesn't helped me either...Also suddenly i had few audio and video distortion issues which felt me confused...

So i did fresh reinstall of the OS and now everything is working as expected in terms of kwin desktop settings and Audio / Video

Thank you all for your support on this...

Comment

Working...
              X