This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to move Ubuntu One from gtk.desktop to KDE Desktop

I just installed Ubuntu One via the KPackageKit and the 'envelope icon' is in the panel, However when I click it it shows that the Ubuntu One control panel is on the gtk desktop. [Ubuntuone-control-panel-gtk.desktop].

How do I switch it [the Ubuntu One Control Panel] over to the KDE Desktop
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Re: How to move Ubuntu One from gtk.desktop to KDE Desktop

you mean a KDE application for Ubuntu one?
    there is no such animal right now, there have been attempts to write a KDE frontend, but it hasn't panned out

Comment

Does that mean there is no way to use Ubuntu one in Kubuntu?
      Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

I think you can use the file sync feature, but no integration into Dolphin, for one thing. I am sure you can use the music store, etc. but you will not get any KDE integration

As Kubuntu is a community-developed distro, albeit with some support from canonical, there is not much likelihood in them offering U1 support in KDE. It has been brought up, suggested, and attempted before.

One can hope that the still-young U1 underpinnings stabilize enough one day that there won't be the constant changes that have prevented development of a KDE based client so far.

Comment

I thank you for the insight and history. I just wanted it for mail address transfer. I luckily only have a few entries and it only takes about 10-15 minutes to enter them all. I was hoping to export from Kubuntu where I am using Evolution.

Comment

Working...
          X