X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KPackageKit Error Message

Hi,
    Since some days KPackigeKit does not work manually. When I try to update the software and it is looking for packages I am getting the attached Error Message. What is this? And how can I get rid of it? It seems that the automatic update service still is working.
    Regards Sigurd
    Attached Files

Re: KPackageKit Error Message

the error refers to that PPA not being found on the net ......did you add it to your source list ?
    remove it and see if things work better.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Hi Vinny,
      Some days ago I installed the software Teamview to help other ubuntu users. And I tried to put it in the usual process to get updates. But this note in the sources caused the error message. I erased it and all is working fine again.
      But I only can look at the website and check for updates. Teamview is not part the software pool of ubuntu. Is there a way to include such a non-pool software into the automated checking system?
      Regards,
      Sigurd

Comment

no, there isn't. The software packages need to come form an apt source repository (either from Ubuntu, or from one they create themselves), and if the software makers don't do this, it really can't be integrated into your updates.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. At least I have learned a little bit.
          Sigurd

Comment

Working...
          X