This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Monitoring and 'where does my browser go when minimized?'

I see the widgets for CPU monitoring and other hardware monitoring and want to create a separate "tool-bar" with just those , then set-up and configure it, then move it to the right side of my screen, make avl. on all desk-top/workspaces then after all is in the green 'auto-hide' it.

On the left side I want a "tool-bar" that will auto hide but that when I 'minimize' any active window [like my browser] those active windows go there to that auto-hidden bar.

The auto-hide is not the problem on this stuff, I see the option when I look at, get new, etc. widgets.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One last thing, where do I go in the GUI to get to my hardware profiles?
    { I'll answer that on my own this last bit I just figured out } K App. Launcher>Applications>System> Info Center just for those using this as a learning thread; the above the line I hope someone can help me with; THX
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Re: Hardware Monitoring and 'where does my browser go when minimized?'

The windows that are open (whether or not minimized) go to the "Task Manager" widget. So just have that widget on one bar and not the other.

KDE terminology for desktop "tool-bars" is Panel - so just unlock widgets, move the bottom Panel to one side, create another one by right-click> Add Panel> Empty Panel, move it to the other side - and have fun selecting widgets and re-arranging things.

One tip: Panel widgets are often jumpy when arranging them so be patient and take you time. Once you're done, don't forget to "Lock Widgets" again so you don't delete anything accidentally!

Please Read Me

Comment

OK, and thanks; I am trying to hold off on the system hardware monitoring stuff until I here back from AMD. My board has the new 990NB/950SB but they have not updated the Catalyst and other options yet they still only cover through 8xx on the mobo chip-set options.
      Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

{[The windows that are open (whether or not minimized) go to the "Task Manager" widget. So just have that widget on one bar and not the other.]}

Thanks I was trying to force the 'Activity Bar' to do that 8)

I've got what I needed going now, just task mgr on auto hide centered and scaled to the left side. I like the idea that I can customize each 'desk-top' individually or carry a panel over.

Comment

Working...
        X